Monday, March 25, 2013

You Want Me To What?

My wife just went through a Job-like experience. She developed a boil on her lower abdomen. Evidently a hair follicle became infected (according to her doctor). It looked like a small headlight. It was unreal. Oh, I've led such a sheltered life!

I've never seen anything so nasty looking in my life and since I married her for better or for worse, I became the “home-doctor” for a period of time after a minor surgery.

“Get you something drink? How about something to eat? You want your blanket? It will help keep you warm. What? Change your bandage....Oh no...anything but that! Well....OK! Did I tell you that I love you?” “I love you too,” she responded.

I must admit, her piano playing has improved after the infection when away and she said she has a better understanding of Job's experience.

Ephesians 5:25

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”
How did Jesus love the church? He gave everything He had to offer. His gave His life to the fullest. To the cross He went leaving it all on the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment