Monday, March 25, 2013

Irritants Produce Character


I was thinking that sometimes I wish I didn't have to go through the rough times of life, but I remembered that it is the rough times that produce the greatest value of one's character.
  1. If it wasn't for the irritant grain of sand in the midst of the oyster, the pearl would not be born.
  2. If it wasn't for the dryness of the land, the trees would not be deeply rooted and strong.
  3. If it wasn't for the cries of a needy child in the middle of the night, a mother's love would not be shown.
  4. If it wasn't for blows of the sharp blade, the facets of a diamond would not increase its value.
In the same way, God allows the pains of life to show His love and care to us His beloved children.

Psalm 12:5 NAS

"Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD ; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs."

No comments:

Post a Comment