Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Unexpected Happened


Wow!  What a day!  I woke up this morning with the full intention of going to Sunday School and Church.  Things were going well.  I got up early, took my bath, shaved and dressed.  My family went through their morning rituals and it looked like we were right on schedule. I went outside to start the car. Then the unexpected happened. It was raining hard so I checked the outside back stair-well drain.  It sometimes gets plugged up with leaves which results in water leaking into the basement. I noticed that a downspout had worked loose at the corner of the house and water was pooling. Not good because that also leaks into the basement.  So I went in, grabbed my umbrella, then went back outside to put the downspout back on. As I was leaning over, I suddenly felt as though I had no strength and I collapsed into the mud. The only thing I could do was roll on my back and call for my wife and daughter to help me get up. I felt helpless.

Finally my daughter and wife heard my cries and were able to help me up. But my clothes were soaked and muddy, so my family left for church without me.  What else could they do? They have their own responsibilities.  Once inside, I dried off, crawled into bed and began having my own private devotion.  

Verses that I read include the following:

Psa. 31:24  Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!  My hope and strength is in the Lord.

Rom 8:28    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Gal 6:9        And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

1 Pet. 1:6-9 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Lord, thank you for being there for me this morning.  I know that You are watching out for me and meeting my every need.  I don’t always understand my journey, but I know that You are right here walking beside me and comforting me.  Thank you for saving me!

The only thing I didn't do was sing in the rain!





1 comment:

  1. Brenda, Thank you for your editing skills on this one. I greatly appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete