Friday, November 30, 2012

Use Me Lord


One of the things I sincerely want to do is use the Word of God to minister to people.

In order to do that it is essential to be where there are people.  My sinful nature wants to be a loner, but I can’t do that if I want to be spiritually helpful to others.

Mat 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Several months ago I damaged my ankle and ever since then I’ve had to adjust my life as to how and when I do things.  At this point I’m just making an educated guess that the pain in my back is because of the injured ankle.  In favoring the ankle, I’ve put stress on my back and one thing has led to an other.

I know, I can hear you now…”Well dummy, get the ankle fixed” -- Money…money…money. Poor excuse, huh?  Oh well, it is what it is.

However, what has happened is that the focus of my day has changed.  All things do work together for good, right?  What has happened is that I am using my time now to write these devotional thoughts and put them on the internet.

There are many options before me….do nothing, continue trying to get out, or pray and ask God to open up new avenues of exposure because the text above says that I have “light” that is to be seen by others. It does no good to hide that light.  I am to let it shine before others.

The question I wrestle with at the moment is…where and how.  My passion and spiritual gifts include teaching at the top.  Lord, use me to teach others about You!

We are to be a lamp-stand. Thus I am to let my light shine, not to glorify myself  but my Father who is in heaven.  Light shines to see others by, not to call attention to self.

It seems like so many of the commercials on TV and phone calls we receive at home are from people (companies) wanting us to go back to school and get more knowledge. “Hey, Mr. Moffitt -- Why not go back to school and see what you are missing.  You’ll be much better off if you do.”

No, the Lord tells me to learn to be content. Don’t get me wrong, there are times when God may be calling one to go back to school in order to become more effective for Him such as to Seminary, or Bible School.  But it’s for Him and not self!  Not all education is a bad thing.  However, just as in all of life, there is good and evil.  Food is a good thing, but gluttony is a bad thing. Sex is a good thing, but within the boundaries that God has set. 

At any rate, I already have an M.Div.  USE ME LORD where I am and with what I have to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment