Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Appreciating Your Child


Several years ago I never thought I would ever write a commentary on how much I appreciate my daughter."

Our daughter has become a spiritual mentor and encourager.  I so appreciate her commitment to our Lord.  She obtained the discipling program "Blueprint for Life," went through it and now we are going through it together.

The contents of the program include contributions by the following authors:  Andy Stanley, Tony Evans, Bruce Wilkinson, Dennis Rainey, Chip Ingram, and John Maxwell just to name a few.  We are enjoying our time growing in the Lord together.

As the author, Andy Stanley, says in the Forward, "Blueprint for Life will not only expand your understanding of God's unique purpose for you life, but it will show you how to develop goals to that end as well."

Chapter One alone explores the questions of "Who Am I, My Life's Purpose, Why Am I Here? and the Pure Desires of My Heart."  It also asks the questions of "What Am I Passionate About, What Is My Giftedness, and What Are My Resources?"  It causes one to think about opportunities, past events, environments, God's Word and seeking wise council.

It's never too late and we're never too old to consider what God wants from us.

Thank you Brenda for lighting the fire once again -- God knew what He was doing when He gave you to us -- He knew all along.

Love you very much,

Dad

Mat 28:18-20   And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."










No comments:

Post a Comment