Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cure For Insomnia

Ever have trouble getting to sleep?  Have you ever felt that God doesn’t care?  Have you ever felt alone?  Does God feel distant?

It is comforting to know that God is always looking out after us.  We are never, for one moment, outside of His watchful eye.  Psalm 121:4 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  Psalm 127:2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

God is always on the job protecting and caring for us.  He is the one Who gives us comfort.  We can rest knowing that we are in His presence.  Exodus 33:14 And he said, "My presence will go with you, and will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

The other evening, I found myself tossing and turning and unable to sleep.  Whenever that happens, I find that God has something he wants me to know.  I keep my Bible at my bedside for just such occasions.  Reading His Word and focusing my heart and mind on His Word refreshes and relaxes my soul.  It is easy to rest knowing that I am under His watchful eye.

The world strives for peace, but without Christ there will be no lasting peace.  Peace will never be found in the things of this world.  Therefore, be not troubled or afraid.  John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

It is so restful going to bed at night knowing that I am safe and secure in the loving hands of my heavenly Father.

Proverbs 3:24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.





No comments:

Post a Comment