Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thank God For Friends

Everyone one has had “One Of Those Days.” I had one this past Sunday. You would think that “The Lord's Day” would be something special. Well, it was, but not in the way you would expect. The moment we came back from church, everything went to pieces. 

There was a cup on the kitchen table that had been there for some time with water in it. I got up from the table to do something and accidentally knocked it over sending water across the table getting a bunch of papers soaked and on to the floor. It took awhile to wipe up all the water and get things back into order. 

Our daughter then decided to take the car and to an engagement with a friend. However, with all the snow and ice she got stuck in the drive and I had to help get her free. It was not fun and I had to shovel, chip ice, and use kitty litter (which was hers and she didn't want me to use it) to get traction. I finally got her free and came back into the house to use the bathroom. 

 After flushing the toilet, I noticed the water rising and not going down eventually going all over the bathroom floor. 

 LORD!!! I NEED SOME HELP HERE!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!

After wiping up all the toilet water, I checked my email....I know it was of the Lord, for I saw a note from a Christian friend who wanted to know if I would help him rebuild his computer. Normally, I would have said, “Not today, it's the Lord's day.” 
 
 However, something told me to say, “Yes, I need to get away from the house and do something for someone else.” As it turned out, we had a wonderful time of fellowship together in the Lord. He met my needs and I met some of his. The Lord does work in strange ways. 
 
 It truly was THE LORD'S DAY!

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor. 12:9




No comments:

Post a Comment